Appointments available at vaccineNM.org
SANTA FE – Today, the New Mexico Department of Health announced that COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine booster scheduling is now available for 16-17-year-olds.
This follows federal approvals by the FDA and CDC and a review by the New Mexico Medical Advisory Team yesterday.
Parents and guardians can register and schedule their children for vaccine boosters at vaccineNM.org. (Additional instructions are available at vaccineNM.org/kids.) Parents and guardians can also schedule directly with their health care provider. In addition, parents and guardians will be able to find vaccine appointments on the CDC vaccine finder website: Vaccines.gov – Find COVID-19 vaccine locations near you.
· The Pfizer booster dose is to be administered at least six months after completion of the primary series. The booster dose for people 16 years and older is the same dosage as the Pfizer primary series.
· Teens 16 – 17 years old can only get a Pfizer booster. Adults 18 years and older can get a booster dose of any of the COVID-19 vaccines authorized in the US (Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J).
· Although COVID-19 vaccination remains effective in preventing severe disease, recent data suggest vaccinations become less effective over time – hence the importance of boosters.
· Data from clinical trials showed that a booster shot increased the immune response in trial participants who finished an mRNA vaccine 6 months earlier or who received a J&J single-dose vaccine 2 months earlier.
· Getting boosters on time is especially important given the rise in Delta-related cases in New Mexico and the uncertainty surrounding the Omicron variant.
Matt Bieber, Communications Director | Matt.Bieber@state.nm.us
The Department of Health works to promote health and wellness, improve health outcomes, and deliver services to all New Mexicans. As New Mexico’s largest state agency, DOH offers public health services in all 33 counties and collaborates with 23 Native American tribes, Pueblos and nations.
New Mexico Department of Health | 1190 S St Francis Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice
Sent by email@example.com powered by
Try email marketing for free today!