Automobile Dealers and Services
COVID Safe Practices for Automobile Dealers & Services
- Adhere to Required COVID-Safe Practices for All Employers.
- Adhere to Required COVID-Safe Practices for Retail Establishments.
- Accept sales customers on an appointment-only basis. Service may be performed with or without an appointment if social distancing protocols allow.
- Accept sales and service customers from one household at a time and as few household members as possible with one employee.
- Instruct customers to wait outside and call upon arrival. A single employee will come outside to greet them when available.
- Instruct customers to cancel their sales or service appointment if they experience COVID-19 symptoms or if they have had contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Disinfect meeting areas between customers.
- Do not offer refreshments other than factory-sealed food and beverages.
- Retain a daily log for at least four weeks including the date, name, phone number and email address of all customers and employees.
- For sales appointments:
- Arrange for vehicles to be viewed outdoors.
- Employees will wear face coverings and gloves for vehicle test drives and ride in a seat as far away from customers as possible. Customers must be offered face coverings and hand washing or hand sanitizer prior to and after test drives.
- Disinfect vehicle interior and exterior touch points prior to and after each sales appointment use.
- For service visits:
- If vehicle is keyless ignition, place customer’s key in a plastic bag upon customer arrival and through duration of vehicle service; if vehicle ignition requires key, sanitize key before and after performing service. Disinfect entire vehicle interior and any exterior touch points prior to and after performing vehicle service.
- Employees must wear face coverings and gloves when inside any customer vehicle and use steering wheel and seat covers.
- Limit courtesy shuttles to one appointment’s customers per trip and disinfect courtesy vehicle touch points after each use. Courtesy shuttle drivers must wear face coverings while in courtesy shuttle. Customers must be offered face coverings upon entry of a courtesy shuttle.