COVID Safe Practices for Drive-In Events
Event organizers will need to find creative contactless solutions to make meaningful connections in a
COVID-positive world. The following COVID-Safe Practices for Drive-In Events provide requirements and
best practices for one such solution.
- Adhere to Required COVID-Safe Practices for All Employers.
- Adhere to Required COVID-Safe Practices for Retail Establishments.
- Adhere to maximum occupancy limits per the State’s Public Health Order.
- Arrange parking facilities to provide for at least six feet of distance between vehicles. For open air vehicles, such as golf carts and convertibles, facilities must be arranged to provide for at least 18 feet, or the width of two standard parking spaces, between vehicles.
- Require patrons to remain in vehicles except when using facilities, such as restrooms and concessions.
- Patrons may remain immediately outside their vehicles only if parking facilities are arranged to provide for at least 18 feet between vehicles.
- All food and beverage services must adhere to the COVID-Safe Practices for Restaurants (p. 12). Dinein service and buffet-style service are not permitted.
- Close off access to areas where patrons are likely to congregate.
- Access and Ticketing
- Access to event space shall be strictly monitored to maintain capacity.
- Arrange for contactless scanning of tickets