Salons, Spas, Tatoo Parlors & Relate Services
COVID Safe Practices for All Salons, Spas, Tatoo Parlors & Relate Services
- Adhere to COVID-Safe Practices for All Employers.
- Adhere to Required COVID-Safe Practices for Retail Establishments.
- Adhere to maximum occupancy limits per the State’s Public Health Order.
- Workstations and equipment must be cleaned and sanitized after each client use.
- Accept clients on an appointment-only basis.
- Prohibit clients from remaining in waiting areas before or after appointments. Clients must remain outside the establishment and adhere to social distancing. Caregivers of clients may remain inside the establishment during the appointment.
- Remove all unnecessary items from reception and waiting areas, such as magazines, newspapers, service menus, etc.
- Discontinue use of paper appointment books or cards.
- Discontinue use of communal pools, hot tubs and saunas.
- Private hot tubs and saunas are required to be cleaned and disinfected after each client use.
- For laundry, adhere to the CDC guidelines, outlined as follows:
- Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
- Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry from a person who is sick.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Clean and disinfect clothes hampers according to guidance above for surfaces.
- Remove gloves, and wash hands right away.
- To support contract tracing, provide all customers who visit the establishment the opportunity to record their name and phone number or email address, along with the date and time of their visit, and retain such records for no less than four weeks from the date of collection.
- Arrange for contactless payment and receipt options to the greatest extent possible
- Arrange for telephonic, text, email or online scheduling to the greatest extent possible
- Screen employees and customers with a no-contact thermometer; individuals with a temperature reading above 100.4°F should be denied entry.
- Require clients to wear face coverings during service to the greatest extent possible.
- Consider using face shields in addition to appropriate face coverings by those employees providing shampoo services other services requiring face-to-face interaction.
- Stagger work schedules to lower workplace density.