Long-Term Care Guidelines & Resources
Under the leadership of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, the New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department is working with the New Mexico Department of Health and the Medical Advisory Team to create gradual re-opening plans for long-term care facilities.
New statewide long-term care visitation guidelines follow public health data in facilitating additional safe visitation options to residents and their loved ones in these high-risk settings.
All testing, infection control, the management of COVID-positive cases, and PPE measures remain the same.
Nursing Home Guidance & Resources
The LTC Guidance Document is a comprehensive document that contains guidance and information in the following areas:
- Testing Guidance for Nursing Homes
- Indoor Visitation Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities
- Billing Guidance for COVID-19 Testing in Long-Term Care
- Sample TriCore Requisition Form
- DHI Memorandum re: Sick or Symptomatic Staff September 11, 2020
- DHI Letter re: Home Health/Hospice Care Workers in Long-
- Term Care Facilities September 18, 2020
- Admissions Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities
- Resuming Hair Salons in Long-Term Care Facilities
- Compassionate Care and End-of-Life Visitation Guidance