Exposed Contact Guidance
The NM Department of Health recommends that unvaccinated exposed contacts quarantine for at least 10 days. Quarantine needs to be longer if there is someone in the home who is COVID-positive or has a weakened immune system. Exposed contacts who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine unless they experience COVID symptoms.
Check with the school nurse or administrator for guidance regarding the “Test to Stay” program.
The following chart shows the DOH’s recommended guidelines for quarantine and isolation:
More information and helpful resources can be found at https://cv.nmhealth.org/individual-guidance or by calling the COVID-19 Hotline at 1-855-600-3453.
- COVID-19 hotline: 1-855-600-3453
- Social services hotline: 1-833-551-0518
- COVID-19 website: https://cv.nmhealth.org
- Return to work guidelines: https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-screening-and-testing/return-to-work
- COVID-19 testing sites: https://cvprovider.nmhealth.org/directory.html
- Order free at-home COVID-19 test: https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nm
- Register for COVID-19 vaccine: https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org
- Assistance programs: https://www.newmexico.gov/i-need
- Support for anyone experiencing mental or emotional crisis or substance use issues: 1-855-NMCRISIS (662-7474)
- Check out the NMDOH’s app: NM Notify can help you know if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19. Please go to our website, NMnotify.com, to learn more.